St. Vincent de Paul Society is a non-profit, Catholic lay organization that helps local families in need. Our retail stores generate most of the funds that our volunteers use to accomplish this goal. Our stores also give out merchandise to needy families when requested. The General Manager of St. Vincent de Paul Stores of Washington County supports this mission by ensuring the retail stores are operating to maximize sales and profitability while controlling expenses. This position oversees the operation of three retail stores in West Bend, Hartford, and Slinger and a warehouse in West Bend. This position makes recommendations to the BOD regarding the overall cost of the operation including advertising, sales promotions and pricing, employee salary and benefits and facility and vehicle maintenance.
3 stores employing 40 full time and 58 part time employees and 15 volunteers.
1 warehouse employing 1 full time employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present proposed annual budgets, including salary and employee benefits, to BOD.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate company policies and procedures.
- Develop store managers and warehouse personnel through educational and on the job training opportunities.
- Complete performance reviews of store managers and warehouse personnel
- Ensure the proper hiring, promoting, disciplining and termination of all employees directly or through the appropriate management staff personnel.
- Approve bi-weekly payroll run.
- Review and approve monthly financial reports and make suggestions for improvements.
- Ensure website is up-to-date.
- Wholesale buying of selected sales inventory items and store supplies.
- Manage store and warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate expansion plans for stores and central processing
- Develop the store volunteer program.
- Promote welcoming donation drop-off and efficient intake.
- Strengthen on-line sales.
- Attend quarterly BOD meetings and monthly Store Committee meetings and additional meetings when required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College degree in business, marketing, or sales, is preferred but not required
- 3 – 5 years retail store management experience required
- 3 – 5 years thrift store experience preferred, but not required
- 3 – 5 years electronic sales experience preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with wholesale buying preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of the changing retail sales landscape
- Proficient in the use of Social Media
- Proficient in website management
- Proficient or ability to become proficient with POS software
- ability to lead a team
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- ability to promote and demonstrate our mission within the communities we serve
- project management
- Budget preparation
- Ability to prepare and interpret and explain financial reports
- Basic awareness of employment laws
- basic awareness of running a payroll
Weekday work schedule. On-call weekends
Attendance is required at the regularly scheduled quarterly BOD meeting and at the regularly scheduled monthly Store Committee meeting. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
Some business travel opportunities to National Conferences and wholesale trade shows.
|Job Category||Day Shift, Full Time, Regular|